Pet fees are $25 per night, per pet, or $150 per week.
Please note: cleaning fees are charged on all rentals, regardless of length of stay.
Check in is at 3:00. Check out is at 11:00.
If you need to adjust these times, please call us at 828-645-8101.
We'll accommodate your requests when possible.
Please note there may be a $50 fee for early check-ins and late check-outs.
Check In / Check Out
Check in time is any time after 3:00 pm the day of your arrival and check out is by 11:00 am. If you need to adjust your arrival or departure time, please check with us prior to your visit. We will accommodate early check-in and late check-outs when possible. There will be a $50.00 charge for late check-out after 12 noon.
Our minimum stay requirement is 2 nights. Peak season months of July and October have a 3 night minimum. Major holidays have a 3 or 4 night minimum.
That said, we are flexible when we can be and will entertain shorter bookings based on our reservations. Contact us for more information.
Deposits and Payment of Balance
For short-term reservations, a deposit of $200.00 (credited toward your stay) is required when you book over 30 days in advance of your stay. The balance will be due 30 days prior to your stay and will be automatically charged to the credit card on file. Your deposit may be made by check or credit card (MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover). If you are booking within 30 days of your arrival date, your payment is due in full. For long-term reservations (3 weeks or longer) a deposit of $400 (credited toward your stay) is required.
Short Term (less than 3 weeks) We know that plans can go astray, but cancellations cannot always be re-booked. We do try to be fair to all concerned. For reservations canceled over 30 days prior to arrival date, all monies paid will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee. For cancellations with less than 30 days notice there will be no refund; however, we will issue a partial refund if we are able to rent the unit for the same time period. There are no refunds for early departures.
Long Term (greater than 3 weeks) Any reservation for a period of 3 weeks or longer is considered long term. A $400 deposit is required and the balance must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival. For reservations canceled over 45 days prior to arrival, all monies paid will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee. For cancellations with less than 45 days’ notice there will be no refunds, but a credit for same length of stay will be given off-season only. Any credits used to reschedule a reservation are subject to season and availability. Discounts offered at time of original booking will not be applied to the rescheduled booking.
Asheville Swiss Chalets is not responsible for weather or other natural disasters and cannot provide refunds for these occurrences. We encourage guests to purchase trip insurance which covers you from losses incurred due to unforeseen circumstances such as: unexpected health issues, death, severe inclement weather, etc. Visit insuremytrip.com which offers quotes and policies from several companies. Premiums are based on the cost of your trip.
Damages and Smoking Policy
We require a credit card on file in case of damages. There is absolutely no smoking allowed inside any of our rentals. Smoking areas are provided on the front porch or the back deck. Smoking inside will be considered damage and subject to an automatic minimum charge of $200, should there be evidence of smoking after your departure. We make every effort to ensure all is perfect for your stay. We expect our guests will leave our rentals in the same condition they found it in upon arrival. Therefore, if anything is missing, damaged, or requires an unusual amount of extra cleaning we reserve the right to charge accordingly.
Rates are based on 2 occupants per room. (For example, a 2-bedroom chalet is priced for 4 people.) For parties that exceed the number of guests per unit, there is a $30.00 charge per person, per night–or $100 per week.
Please note: Our pet fees are now $25 per pet, per night, capped at $150 per pet, per week.
We accept dogs in all of our cabins and cottages. The Upper and Lower Georgia Peaches in Weaverville are our only canine AND feline-friendly vacation rentals.
- There is a non-refundable $25 per pet fee, per night, or $150 per week maximum per pet. We often give discounts for our guests with multiple pets or if your pets are very small. Contact us with any questions you have about the size and number of dogs.
- If your pet wants to sleep with you, you may bring your own bedding. Just put ours away in the closet. This includes sheets, pillowcases, and any blankets or comforters. (Let us know if this is the case.) Dog hair on our bedding will incur an additional $50 charge per bed.
- Do not use bath towels for your pet. Damaged or dirty bath towels incur an automatic charge of $25 per towel for replacement. Paper towels and dog towels are provided for pet clean up.
- Registered Service and ESA Animals: Guests with certified service or ESA animals are allowed; we ask that you provide email documentation of your certification.
- Clean up after your pet: be courteous and responsible to other guests. Clean up any/all pet refuse inside or outside of dog pens.
- Pets must always be leashed when outside.
- Pets are expected to be current on their shots and have flea protection treatment.
- If your pet sheds excessively or there is extra cleaning required due to pet hair there will be an extra cleaning charge. (minimum of $100) There will also be charges for pet stains or smells where it is obvious that there have been “accidents”.
- Be considerate of your fellow neighbors who may be disturbed from your dog’s barking.
- We don’t require that dogs be crated while away from their parents; however, you know your pet best. As a pet owner, you are responsible for any damages caused by your pet. If there is damage, please inform us and we will have it repaired and charge you accordingly.
Asheville Swiss Chalets and its Owners do not assume responsibility for your pets. If the guest is found violating any of the pet terms and conditions, the guest may be asked to leave or may be charged additional fees.
- Our chalets are professionally cleaned before you arrive and after you leave. If you feel we missed something, please report it to us within 4 hours of your arrival.
- Our housekeeping fees vary depending on size of unit:
- Studio apartments and 1 bedroom rentals have a $60 housekeeping fee.
- 2 bedroom rentals have a $75 housekeeping fee.
- The full Berne duplex has a $135 housekeeping fee for any stay.
- Our 3 bedroom homes (the Georgia Belle and the Ridgeway House) have a $175 housekeeping fee for any stay.
We expect our guests to leave the chalets in the condition in which they are found except for normal use. If, however, a chalet requires cleaning beyond what is normal or has pet messes we will charge a minimum fee of $100.
All guests are financially responsible for the time reserved; there will be no refunds due to weather, change of plans or early departures at our vacation rentals.
We have special rates for monthly visits. Click here to check availability and rates.
Lost or Left Behind?
We are happy to return items left behind by our guests. We charge $20.00 handling plus postage to package and ship belongings.