We are delighted to provide you and your furry family members with a vacation rental that is pet-friendly. We hope that you will enjoy your stay and be respectful of our home.
We accept dogs in 11 of 12 cabins and cottages, except for the Upper Berne. The Lower Zurich, Upper Georgia Peach and Lower Georgia Peach are canine AND feline friendly vacation rentals!
While we love our pet guests, please note that due to current insurance regulations beyond our control, we are unable to accept pet guests of the following breeds:
*Pit Bull *Doberman Pinscher,
*Rottweiler *Presa Canaria,
*Wolf hybrid *American Stafford-shire Terrier
What we provide:
- A water bowl and doggy treats.
- Clean pet towels to dry your pets when they get wet.
- Pet blankets to cover couches or chairs for use by your pets. Be sure to spread one of these on the furniture as dog hair on upholstery requires additional cleaning.
- Many of our rentals have attached fenced in dog yards. Please clean up after your pet!
- Pet waste bags are provided in each home and there are “doggy waste bag” dispensers in the Chalet community for your convenience.
- Dog path: There is a short dog walk in the woods at the chalet community. You will see it on the community map provided in the guest book.
Pet Fees and Policies
- There is a non-refundable $15 per pet fee, per night, or $75 per week maximum. We often give discounts for our guests with multiple pets or if your pets are very small. Contact us with any questions you have about the size and number of dogs.
- No Pets on beds! – While we do NOT allow pets on our bedding, if your pet wants to sleep with you, you may bring your own bedding. Just put ours away in the closet. This includes sheets, pillowcases, and any blankets or comforters. (Let us know if this is the case.) Dog hair on our bedding will incur an additional $50 charge per bed.
- Do not use bath towels for your pet. Damaged or dirty bath towels incur an automatic charge of $25 for replacement. Paper towels and dog towels are provided for pet clean up.
- Registered Service and ESA Animals: Guests with certified service or ESA animals are allowed; we ask that you provide email documentation of your certification.
- Dog beds are not provided. Bring your dog’s favorite, comfy bed from home if you like.
- Clean up after your pet: be courteous and responsible to other guests. Clean up any/all pet refuse inside or outside of dog pens.
- Pets must always be leashed when outside.
- Pets are expected to be current on their shots and have flea protection treatment.
- If your pet sheds excessively or there is extra cleaning required due to pet hair there will be an extra cleaning charge. There will also be charges for pet stains or smells where it is obvious that there have been “accidents”.
- Please be considerate of your fellow neighbors who may be disturbed from your dog’s barking.
- We don’t require that dogs be crated while away from their parents; however, you know your pet best. As a pet owner, you are responsible for any damages caused by your pet. If there is damage please inform us and we will have it repaired and charge you accordingly.
Asheville Swiss Chalets and its Owners do not assume responsibility for your pets. If the guest is found violating any of the pet terms and conditions, the guest may be asked to leave or may be charged additional fees.