2 bedroom / 1 bath / sleeps 4
The Berne Chalet is a duplex with separate upper and lower units. They can be rented individually or together for a larger group up to 6. We do not recommend this unit for families with children because of the sound carrying to lower level guests.
The Upper Berne Chalet is our only NON pet-friendly rental. For our guests with pet allergies, this is the place for you. For a group renting the whole chalet, the lower level is pet-friendly.
The Upper Berne has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom and is a tastefully decorated cabin with some views. Two wonderful outdoor spaces round out the warm weather living area; the large entry porch and a small deck off of the dining room are both surrounded by nature.
- Large entry porch with table and 4 chairs and couch
- Smaller side deck with 2 chairs
- Parking for 1 car – additional overflow parking available
- King-sized and Queen-sized beds with linens and towels provided
- Fully stocked kitchen – with coffee beans, coffee maker, herbal teas, cooking herbs and condiments paper products, soaps, ziploc bags, foil, and more
- WiFi, Cable TV (52” living room TV) and DVD player
- Heat and AC
- Hair dryer, iron and ironing board
- Washer and dryer
- Guest book with maps and local information
- As a special treat for our guests, fresh baked cookies from Judy’s famous Well-Bred Bakery & Cafe and a $10 gift certificate waiting for you on your arrival.
Rates & Availability
Please read our rate information prior to making your reservation. In Season (April – December) we require a minimum stay of 2-4 nights with 3 nights on most weekends and Holidays. We require a 3 night minimum in October and a 4 night minimum for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. (Thanksgiving day and Christmas day must be included in the reservation.) That said, we are flexible when we can be and will entertain shorter bookings based on our reservations. Contact us for more information.
Note: The Full Berne Duplex Chalet (upper and lower units) may also be rented as a 3 bedroom, 2 bath chalet for 6 people.
“I have rented many vacation cabins. This was by far the best! The quality, decorating attention to detail exceeded my expectations. Thank you for a wonderful place to stay. The quality of the cookware, the plush towels, the furniture, everything made this first class.”
“We loved staying here. You thought of so many wonderful little touches – Ziploc bags, nightlights, coffee, a sewing kit, a candle in the bedroom, laundry detergent… the chalet was so comfortable and the bed was the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept in. I haven’t slept that well in years! We really loved staying here. It was like staying in a tree house and the location was fantastic! We’ll definitely be back!” DK
“You thought of everything – thank you! What a wonderful comfortable way to spend our week in Asheville! Thank you for all the kitchen essentials – we grilled/cooked some nights & it was so nice not to have to buy the basics. We truly had everything we could want or need. Thanks again!” A&T