Check In / Check Out
Check in time is any time after 3:00 pm the day of your arrival and check out is by 11:00 am. If you need to adjust your arrival or departure time please check with us. We will be flexible when possible.
In Season (April – December) we require a minimum stay of 2-4 nights with 3 nights on most weekends and Holidays. We require a 3 night minimum in October and a 4 night minimum for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. (Thanksgiving day and Christmas day must be included in the reservation.) That said, we are flexible when we can be and will entertain shorter bookings based on our reservations. Contact us for more information.Deposits and Payment of Balance
For short-term reservations, a deposit of $200.00 (credited toward your stay) is required when you book over 30 days in advance of your stay. The balance will be due 30 days prior to your stay and will be automatically charged to the credit card on file. Your deposit may be made by check, money order or credit card (MasterCard, Visa and Discover).
If you are booking within 30 days of your arrival date, your payment is due in full.
For long-term reservations (3 weeks or longer) a deposit of $400 (credited toward your stay) is required if booking more than 45 days in advance.
Short Term (<3 weeks)
We know that plans can go astray, but cancellations cannot always be rebooked. We do try to be fair to all concerned. For reservations canceled over 30 days prior to arrival date, all monies paid will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee. For cancellations with less than 30 days’ notice there will be no refund; however, 50% may be credited toward a future stay based on season & availability. There are no refunds for early departures.
Long Term (>3 weeks)
Any reservation for a period of 3 weeks or longer is considered long term. A $400 deposit is required and the balance must be paid in full 45 days prior to arrival. For reservations canceled over 45 days prior to arrival, all monies paid will be refunded minus a $50 processing fee. For cancellations with less than 45 days’ notice there will be no refunds, but a credit for same length of stay will be given off-season only.
Any credits used to reschedule a reservation are subject to season and availability. Discounts offered at time of original booking will not be applied to the rescheduled booking.
Asheville Swiss Chalets is not responsible for the weather or other natural disasters and there will be no refunds for these occurrences. We encourage you to purchase trip insurance which covers you from losses you may incur due to unforeseen circumstances, such as unexpected health issues, death, severe inclement weather, etc. You can visit www.insuremytrip.com which offers quotes and policies from several companies. Premiums are based on the cost of your trip.
Damages and Smoking Policy
We require a credit card on file in case of damages. There is absolutely NO SMOKING allowed inside any of our rentals. Smoking areas are provided on the front porch or the back deck. Smoking inside will be considered damage to the cabins & subject to an automatic minimum charge of $200 should there be evidence of smoking after your departure.
We make every effort to ensure all is perfect for your stay. We expect our guests will leave our rentals in the same condition they found it in upon arrival. Therefore, if anything is missing, damaged, or requires an unusual amount of extra cleaning we reserve the right to charge you accordingly.
Because our primary clientele is adult, the chalets are not child-proof. The chalets are decorated with lots of breakable accessories, ornate pillows, throws, candles, etc. We normally do not take children under 7-8 years of age, except infants. We will; however, look at each situation since all children are different. If you are comfortable that your children will be respectful of our property, we will be happy to accommodate you. There are not activities for kids up at the chalets, but we are centrally located to anything you might want to do, including the Fun Depot (www.ashevillesfundepot.com).
Rates are based on 2 occupants per room. (For example, a 2 bedroom chalet is priced for 4 people.) For parties that exceed the number of guests per unit, there is a $15.00 charge per person, per night – or $75 per week.
We accept dogs in 10 of our 11 cabins and cottages, except for the Upper Berne. The Lower Zurich is our only canine AND feline-friendly vacation rental.
While we love our pet guests, please note that due to current insurance regulations beyond our control, we are unable to accept pet guests of the following breeds:
*Pit Bull *Doberman Pinscher,
*Rottweiler *Presa Canaria,
*Wolf hybrid *American Stafford-shire Terrier
- There is a non-refundable $15 per pet fee, per night, or $75 per week maximum. We often give discounts for our guests with multiple pets or if your pets are very small. Contact us with any questions you have about the size and number of dogs.
- No Pets on beds! While we do NOT allow pets on our bedding, if your pet wants to sleep with you, you may bring your own bedding. Just put ours away in the closet. This includes sheets, pillowcases, and any blankets or comforters. (Let us know if this is the case.) Dog hair on our bedding will incur an additional $50 charge per bed.
- Do not use bath towels for your pet. Damaged or dirty bath towels incur an automatic charge of $25 for replacement. Paper towels and dog towels are provided for pet clean up.
- Registered Service and ESA Animals: Guests with certified service or ESA animals are allowed; we ask that you provide email documentation of your certification.
- Clean up after your pet: be courteous and responsible to other guests. Clean up any/all pet refuse inside or outside of dog pens.
- Pets must always be leashed when outside.
- Pets are expected to be current on their shots and have flea protection treatment.
- If your pet sheds excessively or there is extra cleaning required due to pet hair there will be an extra cleaning charge. There will also be charges for pet stains or smells where it is obvious that there have been “accidents”.
- Please be considerate of your fellow neighbors who may be disturbed from your dog’s barking.
- We don’t require that dogs be crated while away from their parents; however, you know your pet best. As a pet owner, you are responsible for any damages caused by your pet. If there is damage please inform us and we will have it repaired and charge you accordingly.
Asheville Swiss Chalets and its Owners do not assume responsibility for your pets. If the guest is found violating any of the pet terms and conditions, the guest may be asked to leave or may be charged additional fees.
Our chalets are professionally cleaned before you arrive and after you leave. If you feel we missed something, please report it to us within 4 hours of your arrival.
Our housekeeping fees vary depending on size of unit and length of stay.
- 1-2 night stays in 1 or 2 bedroom rental have a $65 housekeeping fee. This fee is waived for bookings of 3 or more nights.
- Full duplexes (Full Berne and Full Zurich) have a $130 housekeeping fee for any stay.
- Our 3 bedroom homes (the Georgia Belle and the Ridgeway House) have a $150 housekeeping fee for any stay.
We expect our guests to leave the chalets in the condition in which they are found except for normal use. If, however, a chalet requires cleaning beyond what is normal or has pet messes we will charge a minimum fee of $50.
All guests are financially responsible for the time reserved; there will be no refunds due to weather, change of plans or early departures.
We have special rates for monthly visits. Click here to check availability and rates.